Hot off the press is Adobe Photoshop CC 19.1, with some pretty cool enhancements. Most of the improvements apply to both the Windows and Mac versions.
Adobe Photoshop CC 19.1 Features
- Select subject – Powered by Adobe Sensei, you can now select your main subject more quickly, and then fine-tune the selection with a number of dials.
- Select and Mask improvements – A new decontamination slider is now present in the Select and Mask. This enables you to control the amount of decontamination you apply to the image.
- Enhanced Microsoft High DPI monitor support – This is a big deal for those that have HiDPI monitors on Windows, such as those with 4K and 5K screens. When using Windows 10 Creator’s edition, you can now set the screen scaling factor from 100% to 400% in 25% increments. The settings are, now, per-monitor. This is huge, as many people use external monitors with laptops. So you can now customize the scaling factor for each monitor and not have to settle for a compromise.
- Improved Microsoft Dial support – Now, while you are painting, you can change the brush settings. You can also use the dial to set opacity, and other dynamic settings like angle, size, flow, etc.
- Better SVG Support – Better integration between Adobe XD and Photoshop, preserving more styles and effects.
Photoshop CC 19.1 Summary
Adobe, with their cloud platform, is steadily releasing software updates. These features are great additions, and specially for Microsoft users with the HiDPI and Dial support. To update, just launch your Adobe Cloud control panel and update Photoshop CC. You can read the full Adobe blog post here.